Illamasqua "Sculpting Powder Duo" in Lumos & Heliopolis ♥

| On :
Ah half way through the week so that means it is closer to weekend! Hope you lovely ladies and gents are having a fabulous week. You guessed it I am back again with another Illamasqua post! I can't get enough of it. So I am always on the hunt for a good contour kit! Illamasqua "Sculpting Powder Duo" has had many amazing reviews and the makeup artists on the Illamasqua counter are really in love with product and can tell they are proud selling it too.



First of all I want to say I am in love with this product, it is definitely up there with the best. I must admit I have tried a good amount of products to contour your cheekbones with and I must say I am really impressed with Illamasqua's! Has you can see this gorgeous product comes with two compact shades, the top one is Lumos which is a pinky toned champagne shade. Then below we have Heliopolis, a matte brown! Don't be alarmed if you think the matte brown looks quite light because once applied to your cheekbones/forehead etc, your in for a treat! These shades work amazing together in the most perfect way.



It can be difficult for me to find that perfect contour shade due to my skin tone! Sometimes they can look orange, grey, muddy-looking, sometimes they don't show up on me at all or even look to cakey! So I really have to hunt to find one that shows perfectly. Heliopolis the matte brown shade for sculpting is one of the closest to perfect shades I have come across. Heliopolis gives a really subtle shadow shade that makes your cheekbones pop. I am not one to have cheekbones so this shade really works well with my olive skin tone. I use the "Real Techniques" Contour brush with this, dip the top of the brush into the compact and lightly dust the shade through my cheekbones & build up the colour if need be, I also lightly dust my jawline and down the sides of my nose along with my temples and it works like magic.

Lumos, the highlighting shade. I fell in love with it has soon has I laid my eyes on it. I am usually a gold toned highlighting lady so considering this is more of a pinky toned is quite surprising. Once dusted on the high points of my face such has tops of my cheekbones, down the center of my nose and forehead also cupids bow, it gives a really lovely subtle sheen that catches the light beautifully. I use the same brush "Real Techniques" Contour brush.



The texture and pigment is spot on. The powder feels soft and silky when applied which makes it super easy to blend onto the skin, even though it is quite pigmented it doesn't work too strongly on first touch but gives it a really subtle, natural result which lets you build and work with it to suit you. For only £26 which some of you may think it is pricey, it is definitely worth every penny, and also I can see this product lasting a long time because how little amount you use each time. I am really pleased to have this has part of my collection! Thank you Illamasqua.

Have you tried this Sculpting Powder Duo? I would love to know your thoughts and tips for contouring & highlighting.

Follow me on Bloglovin' | Follow me on Twitter' | Follow me on Instagram'
5 comments on "Illamasqua "Sculpting Powder Duo" in Lumos & Heliopolis ♥"
  1. This looks really lovely, the highlight colour looks stunning! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    

P.S. I don't want this to be spammy but I am also hosting a £50 Giveaway at the moment if you wanted to enter here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this so badly! it looks stunning :)

    alex // Cats and Vodka

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! I haven't tried anything by Illamasqua before but I have so many of their products on my wishlist!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds amazing , i have seen so many illamasque posts i really want to try all there products haha x
    i followed you on gfc could you please follow back lovely :)
    Melissa | theinkedblonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very detailed review and lovely photos, I always appreciate good photography! Glad you finally found a contour shade to suit you, it looks like a lovely product!

    www.champagnetote.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9