Illamasqua Hydra Veil | Primer ♥

| On :
Hello! I love a good primer and I have been loving Illamasqua recently, it is a win win haha! I need a primer that adds moisture and keeps my skin looking hydrated, radiant and dewy. I'd say I am fussy when it comes to primers, they can't be matte, they need to be creamy or very moisturising.

Having a window shop online has you do when your bored. I come across Hydra Veil on the Illamasqua website which really interested me. I decided to buy it in Selfridges so I could have a bit more of an idea from the makeup artists. They recommended it and said it's a fab formula, so I was curious and bought it, naughty ashleigh!



Boy! Am I impressed with this mysterious tub. It is the bizarre texture that interested me and the packaging was very mysterious looking. I was a bit unsure how to use it at first, I should of asked when I bought it but to be honest I thought it would of been applied like any other primer. It's not just a primer though for makeup, infact it is also a skin care product that looks after your skin so makeup applies and looks better. With it being a skincare product I have become very addicted to it haha! By the way it isn't a skincare product that provides benefits in the long run, it is a product that is short term and happens instantly I would say.

I will tell you a bit more about the product and the effects it has had on my skin. Hydra Veil is a very hydrating product that gives you that boost instantaneously. I have felt my skin feeling much more plumper, softer, smoother and much hydrated. Even though it is a product that may scare you ladies with oilier skins don't run! It is suitable for any skin type. There has been times during the weeks since I bought it my skin has been annoyingly dry and even flaky! GRR. Once this has been applied it has give me the boost my skin needs so my makeup applies evenly and no signs of flakiness or dryness appears on my skin throughout the day, it's a miracle for me.



The consistency is very peculiar to other previous primers I have used in the past. It had a thick jelly-like consistency and it wobbles in the pot. Quite like jelly to be honest haha. Has you can see it comes with a spoon/spatula for more of a hygienic and easiest removal. You can probably use your fingers but I have always used the spatula. Once you scoop it out, it does look like you have ruined the gel but after I while it reforms and looks like you haven't touched it, the next time you use it.

The first time I used it, I put on quite a lot! My face felt tacky for ages, it didn't feel right? I was like "No this isn't right?" only to find out you need the tiniest scoop ever and that's when I realised a little amount absorbs quickly. Really you don't need a lot, even if you think it is too little don't be fooled! It spreads so far and easily. The primer is cool and definitely doesn't feel heavy or greasy considering it is a gel! I use my fingers to massage it around my face but you can use your flat foundation brushes or your buffing brushes if you prefer.



So happy I purchased this hydrating primer! Have you tried this yet or will you?

Follow me on Bloglovin' | Follow me on Twitter' | Follow me on Instagram'
5 comments on "Illamasqua Hydra Veil | Primer ♥"
  1. I was able to try out a sample and I'm completely smitten with it too - such a good formulation for us dry skin gals. I'll definitely be purchasing the full size as soon as my sample runs out. Great review!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without very dry skin, I don't think I would need this product but it sounds fantastic and it looks so interesting too! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely and looks pretty interesting too!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah i'm glad you took my advice! A tiny bit is still too much on me its that good :) I love it

    Coffee soon :)

    A xx

    Anoushkaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good, I would love to try it! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    

P.S. I don't want this to be spammy but I am also hosting a £50 Giveaway at the moment if you wanted to enter here

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9